If you are not already making $500,000 compensation in your job, there are five steps to getting you there.
(1) Do everything you say you are going to do.
(2) Manage your boss and colleagues — don't make them spend time managing you.
(3) Proactively help the organization.
(4) Be positive (don't complain). Be a “yes, and” person.
(5) Report to someone making over $500k.
The summary is helpful for reference, but Auren Hoffman’s entire reply is quite useful if you would like to make more money doing what you do.